If you or a family member have received a charge of Driving Under the Influence (DUI) you will definitely be needing a federal defense lawyer.
Laws vary by state to state and can be a tangled web to traverse. Do not try to do this alone.
A DUI lawyer will be well versed in DUI laws in your state and can give you needed assistance during this trying, difficult process.
DUI charges may bring heavy consequences, especially in the state of Ohio. Consider these Ohio state DUI laws:
- Ohio has an implied consent law. If you have refused to submit to a chemical test you will automatically be subject to a fine and license suspension.
- A conviction can potentially result in jail time ranging from three days, up to six months.
- You may be required to pay a fine ranging anywhere between $250 and $1000.
- A DUI offense can result in your license being suspended from six months up to three years.
- Even first DUI offenses require a license reinstatement fee of $450 and can result in up to six points on your license.
Here are a few facts that you need to know, if you have been charged with a DUI:
- For a police officer to pull you over there must be probable cause. Were you swerving? Did you run a red light? Did witnesses report that you were too drunk to drive? Was there real evidence that confirms you were driving suspiciously?
- Did you submit to a blood alcohol content test? Even so, with the help of DUI attorney you can still challenge the results.
- In order to be admissible in a court of law, a breathalyzer test, blood tests, and urine tests must be administered in a proper manner, according to legal procedure.
An experienced federal defense lawyer can give you the help that you need to protect your rights and to take appropriate actions in order to limit any consequences you may face.
Finding a good attorney is vital. What should you look for in a federal defense lawyer? You need to get a criminal DUI attorney that will be firmly on your side and that will fight vigorously for your rights.
If you or a loved one are facing a DUI conviction, delay no further in getting someone on your side that will be able to fight for you!