Criminal defense law firms offer a variety of services. Whether you are looking for a criminal defense and DUI attorney or you are looking for someone who can help you navigate another difficult legal situation, it is always in your best interest to get the legal help that you need sooner rather than later.
Criminal investigations can be both time consuming and costly, so it is important to make sure that you are represented by an experienced attorney who will look out for your best interest. Highly qualified legal representatives, in fact, provide a service that may help you more easily understand your available options. If, for instance, you have been arrested for a DUI defense, you can be looking at charges that can cost you as much as $20,000 if you are convicted. Finding an attorney who might be able to help you get into a diversion program and avoid a guilty verdict might save you both time and money, and in some cases, your job.
Criminal defense and DUI attorneys help offer a number of services, including the following situations and implications:
- The Eighth Amendment provides criminal defendants with the right to a reasonable bail and the right to not be subjected to unusual and cruel punishment.
- The Sixth Amendment provides criminal defendants with the right to legal representation, the right to confront witnesses, and the right to a speedy trial.
- The Fifth Amendment protects defendants against double jeopardy and self-incrimination, which is the right to remain silent.
- How do I know when to call a personal injury lawyer?
- There are currently 1.3 million lawyers in the U.S.
- Unfortunately, an average drunk driver has driven drunk 80 times before they are ever arrested for the first time.
There are many times in life when legal challenges can prevent you from reaching your goals. When you make the decision to seek legal counsel, however, you are able to understand that there might be some options available to you. In almost all cases, it is in your best interest to seek legal counsel sooner rather than later.
Latest posts by Legal Newsletter (see all)
- Signs You Need to Hire a Disability Attorney - August 5, 2022
- When Life Gives You Lemons, Check The Law - July 28, 2022
- What to Look for When Hiring an Estate Planning Attorney - May 24, 2022